This Collection Notice is for clients of TopBetta.
- TopBetta Pty Ltd (ABN 87 132 843 817), wagering licensee Northern Territory Gaming Commission, NT, Australia (together referred to as TopBetta, we, us, our). TopBetta is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
COLLECTION NOTICE (APP 5)
1. How we collect your personal information
We usually collect your personal information directly from you by telephone, in person or online through our website. However, we may collect information from a third party if it isn’t reasonable or practicable to collect it from you. For example, we may collect information from:
- third parties that can help assess your risk to our business under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) (AML/CTF Act);
- other companies related to TopBetta, such as 12Follow Pty Ltd and/or TopTippa Pty Ltd.
- to the extent relevant, any State regulatory bodies to confirm whether you are a voluntarily self-excluded patron in Australia or any other country.
2. What we are legally required to collect
We are legally required to collect personal information under:
- the conditions of our any licences applying to us;
- legislation and contractual obligations with the State controlling bodies (including thoroughbred, harness and greyhound) relevant to our State Race Fields Approvals; and
- legislation and contractual obligations with the authorised sports controlling bodies (domestic and international).
We may also be required to collect personal information for the purpose of investigations by law enforcement agencies like the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Crime Commission.
3. Our main reasons for collecting your personal information
- To identify you.
- To manage, administer and control the quality of the products and services we provide to you.
- To market our products and services to you.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including:
- to the State controlling bodies (including thoroughbred, harness and greyhound) under our State Race Fields Approvals and legislation and our contracts with those bodies; and
- to authorised sports controlling bodies (domestic and international).
- under the AML/CTF Act and our licences;
- To operate self-exclusion, pre-commitment limit and bet exemption programs.
4. Our other reasons for collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information
- To notify you if you have won a competition, promotion or prize.
- To develop and improve our services
- To develop and improve our products
- To ensure the optimum level of security surrounding any account you may hold with TopBetta.
- To enable our related bodies corporate and selected third party partners to send you product and service information.
- To assist you with your complaints and enquiries.
- To assess whether you pose a risk to our business or the businesses of our wider corporate group.
- To protect our rights and property of any other TopBetta customer.
5. What happens if we don’t collect your personal information?
Unfortunately, if we are unable to collect your personal information we may not be able to provide our products and services to you and/or any account that you may hold may not perform properly. We have the rights to deactivate your account if insufficient personal information is collected
- if you do not provide the necessary identification documents when required, your account may be frozen and you will not be able to place bets or access your funds until we have verified your identity; and
- if you refuse or are unable to provide further information we are required to collect under the AML/CTF Act, we may freeze your account until you provide the additional information.
6. Disclosures to third parties
Generally we only give your personal information to:
- external providers of services we use to operate our business and manage our business systems (e.g. advertising agencies, market research analysts, mailing houses, printers, call centres and IT technicians, as well as organisations providing payment processing and identity verification and fraud detection services );
- TopBetta Pty Ltd and any other related bodies corporate;
- regulatory authorities, and bodies that control or coordinate a racing code or sport or are responsible for the integrity of a racing code or sport;
- owners/managers/operators of retail agencies and venues from which you have excluded yourself;
- government agencies responsible for enforcing the AML/CTF Act; and
- our employees and contractors, but only as needed to perform their jobs (they have employment obligations to treat the personal information they access as confidential).
7. Access and correction
9. Disclosing personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia that provide services to us. See PP point 7. for more information.