TopBetta is aware that gambling is a form of entertainment to a large majority of people, however TopBetta is conscious of those who can become vulnerable to problem gambling. TopBetta is therefore committed to provide a responsible gambling service, where clients have access to online tools so they can exclude themselves or limit their betting activities. Our betting operations are governed by this policy and a code of practice.
Responsible Gambling in Your Language
Arabic (arabic-rg-policy.2 arabic-rg-policy.3 arabic-rg-policy.pdf)
Chinese (chinese-rg-policy.2.pdf chinese-rg-policy.3 chinese-rg-policy)
Greek (greek-rg-policy.2.pdf greek-rg-policy.3 greek-rg-policy)
Italian (italian-rg-policy.2.pdf italian-rg-policy.3 italian-rg-policy)
Vietnamese (vietnamese-rg-policy.2.pdf vietnamese-rg-policy.3 vietnamese-rg-policy)
WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING?
Responsible gambling for individuals means:
- they may gamble for pleasure and entertainment but are aware of their likelihood of losing and understand the associated risks,
- they exercise control over their gambling activity, and
- responsible gambling occurs in balance with other activities in their lives and is not causing problems or harm for themselves or others.
Responsible gambling for the broader community, including gambling providers, governments, and sporting associations, requires:
- shared responsibility for generating awareness of the risks associated with gambling,
- creating and promoting environments that prevent or minimise problem gambling,
- and being responsive to community concerns around gambling.
WHAT IS PROBLEM GAMBLING?
- Problem gambling occurs when a person spends more than they can afford, betting for a lot longer. After gambling the person feels anxious, guilty or just uncomfortable with the situation.
The negative consequences of problem gambling may include:
- the punter suffering excessive financial losses relative to the gambler’s means (including unpaid household bills, credit card debts or loans);
- adverse personal effects on the punter (such as anxiety, depression or stress) and/or their family;
- adverse effects on employment and work performance (including missing work or having trouble concentrating at work);
- losing the ability to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle due to spending an excessive amount of time gambling;
- regretting the amount of time lost or wasted due to gambling; and
- other costs which are borne by the community.
CLIENT CARE PRINCIPLES AND RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING
We aim to consistently promote responsible gambling practices. Gambling should be an enjoyable form of entertainment which does not create problems. The aim is to achieve a balanced approach in the provision of wagering services, taking account of the interests of our clients, the community at large and us as the wagering operator.
RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING POLICY
Responsible gambling involves informing clients on their rights and responsibilities as gamblers and ensuring that our company delivers gambling products and services in ways that benefit clients. We are committed to sharing responsibility, with communities and Government bodies, for helping problem gamblers to identify their problem and seek assistance. Some of the ways that we do this
- allowing our clients to set a pre-commitment limit;
- allowing our clients to self-exclude (either temporarily or permanently) from betting with us. A 7 day window applies to clients who request for the flag to be removed;
- providing Responsible Gambling information and messages to our clients;
- engage our staff about Responsible Gambling training; and
- referring our clients who are at risk of problem gambling to gambling-related support services.
We aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- minimising the extent of gambling related harm to individuals and the broader community;
- enabling clients to make informed decisions about their gambling practices;
- enabling people adversely affected by gambling to have access to timely and appropriate assistance and information;
- promoting a shared understanding between individuals, communities, the gambling industry and Government of responsible gambling practices; and
- ensuring the gambling industry provides safe and supportive environments for the delivery of gambling products and services.
The following questionnaire may help you to identify tendencies in your behaviour which are often linked to problem gambling.
- Have you ever ignored your job in order to gamble?
- Have you felt unhappy with your personal life due to gambling?
- Does your gambling affect your perception of others, or how others may perceive you?
- Has your gambling left you with a deep sense of regret?
- Have you ever tried to meet your financial obligations by gambling?
- Has gambling affected your motivation to succeed?
- Do you feel obliged to gamble in order to recoup lost money?
- Do you consider a win as motivation to spend more?
- Have you ever spent your last available dollar on gambling?
- Have you ever borrowed money in order to gamble?
- Have you ever sold assets in order to gamble?
- Have you felt reluctant to use money set aside for gambling on everyday purchases?
- Has gambling negatively impacted on the way that you treat yourself or others?
- Do you find yourself gambling beyond the time you had planned to stop?
- Have you ever gambled to avoid dealing with personal problems?
- Have you ever committed (or considered committing) a criminal offence in order to gamble?
- Does your gambling affect your sleep?
- Do the frustrations of your personal life encourage you to gamble?
- Have you celebrated good fortune by spending excessive time gambling?
- Have you considered harming yourself as a result of gambling?
Studies show that people who have answered “Yes” to seven or more of the above questions show tendencies representative of problem gambling. For further assistance, or if you wish to know more, please contact one of the organisations listed below.
As a responsible operator, we are committed to actively taking steps to exclude minors from placing a wager using our betting platforms. Our clients are identified through Green ID or through the Customer Identification form. Our services are to be used by persons who are at least 18 years old.
Clients can actively prevent underage persons from entering the online sports betting software (minimum legal age to gamble is 18 years), by downloading one of the following filter options:
WHERE TO GET HELP
You can call the Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858 or the Financial Counselling Helpline on 1800 007 007 or visit:
- Gambling Help Online
- Gambling Help (New South Wales)
- Gambler’s Anonymous
Or alternatively you can contact a TopBetta Customer Service Officer through [email protected] for other gambling support providers in your area.
TAKE A BREAK & SELF-EXCLUSION
If you feel that you are losing control of your play and would like help in restricting your access to our betting platforms, we offer you the option to take a break or permanently self exclude from betting with us. Click on ‘Manage your Account’ and under ‘Responsible Gambling’ you can choose to:
(a) take a short break from 1 to 30 days or 1 to 6 weeks;
(b) take a long break of 6 months or 1 year;
(c) permanently self-exclude yourself.
If you need any assistance, please contact our Client Support Staff by phone or email on 1300 886 503 or [email protected]
Some jurisdictions such as South Australia have Barring Orders available. Please contact our Client Support team if you would like further information about this.
You may also wish to take a break or self-exclude from any other providers that you have accounts with. The table below contains links to the responsible gambling policies of other wagering operators, information about how to self-exclude from other operators and contact details for other operators.
As part of our responsibility towards responsible gambling, we have a pre-commitment limit mechanism which allows you to set your daily maximum deposit amount, bet loss amount and spend amount.
SET YOUR PRE-COMMITMENT LIMITS
To set any of your pre-commitment limits, simply complete the following steps:
- Log into your TopBetta account and click on ‘Manage your Account’.
- Click on ‘Responsible Gambling’.
- The options of ‘Set Deposit Limits’, ‘Set Loss Limits’ and ‘Set Spend Limits’ – will appear.
- Click on ‘Set My Deposit Limits’ and then enter in the amount that you would like to set for your daily limit.
- For Loss Limits check on ‘ Set My Loss Limits’. Check on either ‘Daily Loss Limit’, ‘Weekly Loss Limit’ or ‘Monthly Loss Limit’ and then enter the amount that you would like to set for your daily, weekly or monthly loss limit. A daily loss limit means you will not be able to lose an amount greater than this in a 24-hour period. A weekly loss limit means you will not be able to lose an amount greater than this in a 7-day period. A monthly loss limit means you will not be able to lose an amount greater than this is in a 30-day period.
- For Spend Limits click on ‘Set My Spend Limits’. Click on either ‘Daily’, ‘Weekly’ or ‘Monthly’ and then enter in the amount that you would like to set for your daily, weekly or monthly spend limit. A daily spend limit means you will not be able to spend an amount greater than this in a 24-hour period. A weekly spend limit means you will not be able to spend an amount greater than this in a 7-day period. A monthly spend limit means you will not be able to spend an amount greater than this in a 30-day period.
You may also wish to set a pre-commitment limits on your other betting accounts.
CHANGE OR REMOVE YOUR PRE-COMMITMENT LIMITS
To change or remove a pre-commitment limit, simply repeat the initial steps above and then click on either ‘Remove Limit’ or ‘Update Limit’ as applicable for the relevant limit.
PLEASE NOTE: When you first set a pre-commitment limit or lower a limit, the limit will apply immediately but any increase in the limit or removal of the limit will only come into effect after 7 days of the request.
DEFAULT BET AMOUNTS
You can set default bet amounts and tournament bet amounts as follows:
- Log into your TopBetta account and click on ‘Manage Your Account’.
- Click on ‘Responsible Gambling’.
- Click on ‘Default Bet Amounts’ and enter the amount you would like to set for either or both of ‘default bet amount’ and ‘tournament bet amount’.
You may set up ‘reality check timers’ whereby a reminder dialog will pop up 2 minutes before a selected time interval elapses. You will have to take action within the 2 minutes to log out or continue when the dialog box is displayed. If no action is taken, you will be automatically logged out.
The options available are:
- No reminder
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- 6 hours
These terms were last updated on 08 January 2018.